5 Ways to Freshen Up Your Home Office
Many of us are now working from home. If we didn’t already have a home office, we had to setup an impromtu one. Having an inviting, organized and functional space is important in order to be productive.
In our home, I gave up my tradtional home office to my husband who now finds himself working from home. He needs a quiet space where he can speak with clients on the phone, participate in conference/zoom calls and concentrate.
As such, my home office has been relocated to the dining room. At first, it was definitely an adjustment, but there are some advantages too! I now have a REALLY BIG DESK as it’s now our dining room table and I’m next to a REALLY BIG WINDOW with southern exposure so on sunny days, I have sun streaming in all day.
Relocating to the dining room required me to setup and refresh my office to make it an environment I am confortable working in and to be inspired in. Here are 5 ways you can freshen up your home office surroundings:
- Artwork – Having artwork around you that is pleasing to your eye and inspires you will help to make your space more inviting. Home office decor can come in all shapes, sizes and colours. I make my own decor using my Chalk Couture products. They are easy to use and gives me the opportunity to use my creative side (a great way to take a break). And they also turn out looking wonderful so I’m proud to display my work.
- Desk Decor – Fresh flowers, a desk calendar that is nice to look at, some inspriational art pieces, the list goes on. Have pieces on your desk that are not only functional office supplies but also inspire you too.
- Comfortable Chair – are you sitting on an old, overused chair that no longer has proper support? Maybe it’s time to invest in a new chair. You could even get a funky colour instead of the traditional black desk chair to brighten up your surroundings.
- Deep Clean – give your current home office or a newly transformed space a good thorough deep clean. A space that is clean, tidy and organized will go a long way in helping you to be more productive.
- Re-Work Your Space – maybe it’s time to rearrange the furniture. Do you remember as a kid re-arranging your bedroom and then it felt like a whole new room? Simply rearranging your office furniture can make the space feel brand new. Perhaps you had your back to the window. Try moving the desk and chair so you can sit facing the window instead for a new perspective.
Doing a few small things can help you make your Home Office an inspiring place to be and a place where you can be productive. As we head into the winter season and and spending more time indoors, its a great time to give your office that freshening up that it needs!